The Galaxyhydro 300W LED Grow Light features an amplified blue-light and red-light spectrum that are suitable for plants that don’t seem bushy-tailed and bright-eyed as they should be. It is the best grow light for plants in the vegetative and flowering stages.
The Galaxyhydro brand has been around for quite some time. Their ability to manufacturer quality LED grow lights has enabled them to gain market credibility and design even more versatile and ergonomic grow lights.
As a seasoned home grower, I find myself relying on artificial grow lights for my indoor plants. I have lately invested in a few units of the Galaxyhydro 300W LED Grow Light, and I really love the experience so far!
Table of Contents
Galaxyhydro 300W LED Grow Light Features and Benefits
This grow light is definitely very convenient. With its dimmable feature, I managed to easily adjust the light intensity based on my specific needs. With other tools, you will need to adjust the height of the unit throughout the growth cycle. But that is not the case, with the Galaxy Hydro 300W LED Grow Light. Making it the finest alternative for growers who would like to fine-tune their plants growing process and optimize the yields.
I hadn’t thought that a budget-priced grow light can provide full light spectrum. The unit combines 9 different bands that include white, blue, red, infrared and ultraviolet light spectrum. This full spectrum LED lights covers 430 to 730 nanometers, making it suitable for all stages of plant growth. I have used it for a flowering maple in my poorly lit study room, and the results are just amazing!
The 9 bands light spectrum will give you a peace of mind in the growing process. Whether you are growing cannabis or tendering your beautiful houseplants, you are assured that it will work perfectly. It emits ultraviolet light at around 380 to 660 nanometers and infrared light at around 730 nanometers in varied proportions. With the red and blue light spectra, you will be offered with an enhanced photosynthetic active radiation (PAR). This quality PAR value supports adequate plant growth and the wavelengths can be fully absorbed.
Its High Par value will ensure maximum yields. The unit not only adopts epileds 45mil led chips but has also been equipped with 120 degrees optical lens. These features provide the highest spectral and PAR output per watt. This promotes maximum photosynthesis response, hence achieving real plant growth. With its wide application and larger coverage, it perfectly suits both the plants in soil and hydroponics. Whether you want to improve the growth of your cannabis garden or promote the growth of vegetables like lettuce, pepper, and tomatoes, the unit will work just fine.
Special Features of GalaxyHydro 300W
- High-quality 100 pieces LEDs that makes it brighter than any other LEDs in the market.
- Each LED grow light features a 3 watts epiled chip, with high brightness and high lumen.
- Two cooling fans that offer a better heat dissipation. Hence, no any ultra-heat generation even when the light is up for over 18 hours.
- The infrared lights in the LEDs help in promoting cell division, vegetable growth, and flowering in plants.
- The LEDs include ultraviolet lights that help in killing bacteria that might negatively influence plant growth and sterilization.
- Zenor protection allows the other LEDs to continue working even in an event where one LED is broken. Each LED has its own diode, such that when one blows up, the others will still work.
- The epileds have been set in different angles with some lights at 120 degrees and others adjusted to 90 degrees to offer consistent coverage and minimize hot spots risks.
Drawbacks of Having the Galaxyhydro 300W LED Grow Light
Unfortunately, despite the awesome features that come with this grow light, I have discovered some few drawbacks of having one. They include:
- The unit is designed for indoor use only. Since I wanted to use it at my poorly lit balcony in the fall and winter, I designed a way of using it at night to remedy this drawback.
- The tool is ideal for a 4 square feet garden (2′ by 2′). In case of a larger garden, you will need to invest in a few units. However, with its affordably priced budget, you won’t be forced to break your bank!
Useful Tips When Using the Galaxyhydro 300W LED Grow Light
This grow light works perfectly fine for other plants other than cannabis. As I mentioned before, I have used it for my study room’s decor plant and I really love the results. I have also stumbled upon other users who have reported convincing results when using it for veggies and black pepper vines.
For areas larger than the 4 square feet, you should try to alter the length of the grow light from the plants. Only that you should keep a minimum of 18 inches height from the plants’ canopy – the recommended distance!
During plant germination, you should hang it at about 48 – 56 inches over the plant canopy. Keep a 40 – 48 inches height during the vegetative stage and a 32 – 40 inches length during the flowering stage.