Mars Hydro has been prominent in the LED grow lights industry for quite a long time. Their lights offer great value since they come with a decent durability and powerful LEDs. The reflector series offers indoor cannabis growers an option to choose either of the four-different grow light sizes in this category.
These lights have been built with 5 watts Epistar LED diodes that are very powerful and brighter. The first option features 48 pieces of LEDs that emit a total of 240 watts. The second, third, and fourth options feature 96, 144, and 192 pieces of LEDs that emit a total of 480, 720, and 960 watts respectively.
As a grower, you will get the right mix of LED light spectrum that comes with a reflective system which will maximize light coverage on your plants. The compact designs of these lights are perfect for growers who have limited spaces but still want maximum yields. They are a perfect replacement for the HPS, HID, and MH grow light systems.
Table of Contents
Mars Hydro Reflector Series LED Grow Lights Features and Benefits
The fact that the input voltage of the Mars Hydro Reflector Series LED Grow Lights range from AC 85 volts to 265 volts means that it can be used anywhere around the world. Since most countries input voltages are 110V AC and 240V AC, it means that they fall within the range. Moreover, these lights feature a longer lifespan rating of 50,000 to 100,000 hours. This means that you can use them continuously for over 10 years without the panel blowing up. You may, however, experience a drop in light luminosity after 50,000 hours.
Just like most of the other grow lights manufacturers in the market, Mars Hydro has invested in extensive research and testing. As such, the reflector series offers the most efficient light spectrum for growing plants. You will perfectly replace the CMH, HPS, MH, fluorescent, and induction lights of equal wattages since they outperform them. The wonderful light spectrum allows you to grow your cannabis plants from seedling/clones to flowering stages with much ease. Furthermore, you can use it to grow tomatoes, flowers, herbs, and other fruits and veggies.
The high-intensity Epistar 5 watts LED diodes deliver a powerful luminosity. Thus, you will experience an increased photosynthetic active radiation which will translate to improved plants’ growth and development. The end result will be bumper crop yields. These LEDs are also long-lasting, meaning that they will serve you for over a decade.
I was highly pleased with the energy savings that come with these grow light systems. You not only save on the input energy but also on the overall energy that might be needed to cool the surrounding. As a user, I found that there was no need of investing in fluorescent bulbs, ballasts, and reflectors. I also turned off the air conditioners since the general temperature increases around the house were negligible.
Mars Hydro Reflector Series LED Grow Lights will run 60% cooler compared to the HID lights. The system runs very coolly. It has been built with silent-forced fans and heat sinks. Combined with the many ventilation opening around the panel, you are assured of a longer life-span while growing your plants with the unit. As a grower, you will benefit from energy saving and low plant damages due to increased temperatures.
The Mars Hydro Reflector Series LED Grow Lights offers for a very larger coverage area compared to other grow lights. The coverage areas and true output wattage for each panel include:
- 48 LEDs at 102W (equivalent to 150W HID) – 1.5ft × 1.5ft
- 96 LEDs at 207W (equivalent to 250W HPS) – 2ft x 3ft
- 144 LEDs at 317W (equivalent to 350W HPS) – 2ft x 4ft
- 192 LEDs at 410W (equivalent to 450W HPS) – 3.5ft × 3.5ft
Special Features of Mars Hydro Reflector Series LED Grow Lights
- 10-band full light spectrum in the 430~440nm, 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, and white ranges.
- Each individual LED diode is surrounded by a mirror-like reflector that collects and fuses 99% of the light.
- Switchable modes, where you can toggle between half of the LEDs on or all of the LEDs on depending on the growing stage.
Drawbacks of Having the Mars Hydro Reflector Series Grow Lights
Useful Tips When Using the Mars Hydro Reflector Series LED Grow Lights
- Mars Hydro has included a very long hanging line in the Reflector Series LED Grow lights. Hence, you may consider tying a different knot on the line before hanging. The move will give you an extra security measure. You can search online on how to make fishermen knots of better quality. A further security measure might be melting the cut ends of the lines with a heat source (lighter) to prevent them from fraying.
- In case the fan stops spinning, you should stop using the light. Whereas this is a very rare scenario, it is good to inspect the unit regular for blockages and failure. That way, you will ensure that every part is functioning as stipulated.
- Always wear protective glasses or at least sunglasses when looking directly into the LED lights. These lights are very bright – you don’t want to end up with eye straights.